Sunday, April 30, 2017

Fifth Harmony Normani for 'The Huffington Post': "[ #5H3 ] is in the final process right now"

Normani talks about her plans to celebrate her 21st birthday in Vegas, the new music & sound, her desire to become an actress and more



We’re so excited for new Fifth Harmony music. How has your sound evolved since the last album?
It’s definitely evolved tremendously. I think that’s just because of experiences that we’ve had. Over the past five years, we’ve been creating bodies of work that we’re proud of, but at the end of the day they weren’t a full representation of who we are as artists. I think this time around we’ve been given more of an opportunity to sit down in the studio with producers and songwriters and start from the ground up. This album will have more of an edge. We’re all in our 20s, so we’re not girls anymore.


You all inspire a lot of female empowerment and girl power among your fans. Will this theme be a part of your new music?
Girl power is a topic that we’ve always touched on, whether it’s in an interview or in our album. We live by everything that we talk about on a daily basis. Girl power will definitely be an underlying message.

When can we expect this new album to drop?
It’s dropping in 2017, but I can’t give you a specific date because we don’t even know yet. So when we find out, then you’ll find out! We’re in the final process right now getting features and sprucing some things up and adding harmonies, all that good stuff.

What other girl groups, past or present, inspire you?
We love Destiny’s Child, of course. I personally love En Vogue, SWV... I’m an old soul, I really love the ‘90s vibe. I’m really grateful for those strong, powerful women with brilliant ideas, who were courageous enough to conquer and be the best that they could possibly be in such a male-dominated industry. At the end of the day, we probably wouldn’t even have this opportunity if it weren’t for groups like those.

What’s it like dancing with Valentin Chmerkovskiy? How many hours do you practice together?
He’s amazing! He makes sure that I work extremely hard in rehearsal. I work really hard in rehearsal and I just want to get it right. I’ll stay there for as long as I can to make it the best that it can possibly be. But there’s something that happens on a show day, where it’s a whole other thing that I just turn on. It’s frustrating for him because I’ll be in rehearsal thinking I’m killing it and going full out, and then when it’s showtime I realize I could have given it 50% more. So he realizes when I’m slacking or not being fair to myself.

What are three qualities a guy must have to date you?
Respect for my family, be intellectual, and have a big personality. Somebody that can make me laugh.

Who’s your celebrity crush?
Aaron Taylor-Johnson. Yeah he’s hot.

What’s one song you can’t get enough of these days?
Honestly I’m still listening to Solange’s last album. Her whole album.

You’re turning 21 in May, which is super exciting! Do you have anything fun planned for the occasion?
I’m going to Vegas! I can’t wait! I’m like, “What actually happens in Vegas?!” Because every time I go I’m underage. It’s going to be a group of my girls and we’re going to have fun!

If you could collaborate with any artist, who would it be?
Jhené Aiko, Chance The Rapper, or Kendrick Lamar.

If you weren’t in the music business, what kind of job do you think you’d pursue?
Probably acting, which is something I want to cross over into. If not, something to do with my church. Another thing I want to do is go on mission trips and just help.



Sony Music earned $59,4M in downloads and $140,6M in streamings in 2016


they have radio concert events for the end of May. #5H3 lead single is coming ladies


sources 1 2

from Oh No They Didn't! http://ift.tt/2pko2JQ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment