Thursday, October 19, 2017

Mayim Bialik Apologizes For Controversial Harvey Weinstein Op-Ed




"I want to addess my op-ed in the NY Times, and the reaction to it. Let me say clearly and explivitly that I am very sorry. What you wear and how you behave does not provide any protection from assault, nor does the way you dress or act in any way make you responsible for being assaulted ; you are never responsible for being assaulted. I applaud the bravery of the women who have come forward. I support these women as we seek out and demand accountability from the only ones responsible for assault and rape : the people who perpretrate these heinous crimes. I am motivated and driven to work hard to empower women. I am truly sorry for causing so much pain, and I hope you can all forgive me."

source

from Oh No They Didn't! http://ift.tt/2hPWVBy
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment